Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:27 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hello

I own an Old Navtimer 81610 and it was in need of a service. I deliberated for so time as to where to send it for the service (how much to spend) but finally decided to send it back to Breitling. I was quoted £1500 for essential work and £1900 for potential work. This was a lot higher than I anticipated.

I was told that the reason why it would be so expensive is because Breitling no longer service my movement, 17 jewel valjoux 7750. So they would need to "upgrade" the movement at a cost to me of about £1280. This seems like a terrible deal. I asked if there was any way of getting that cost down and I was told they could offer me a 50% reduction on the price of a new leather strap if I paid for the rest of the service.

I am very disappointed with their customer service and this experience has left a bitter taste in my mouth. I believe my movement can be serviced and it's Breitling's choice to stop that and upgrade the movement to a 25 jewel valjoux. And then they want to foot me with the bill for their decision. I think it's terrible customer service and I'd like to know other peoples thoughts and experiences.

Yours

Jamie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:32 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 14 posts
jamie81610 wrote:
Hello

I own an Old Navtimer 81610 and it was in need of a service. I deliberated for so time as to where to send it for the service (how much to spend) but finally decided to send it back to Breitling. I was quoted £1500 for essential work and £1900 for potential work. This was a lot higher than I anticipated.

I was told that the reason why it would be so expensive is because Breitling no longer service my movement, 17 jewel valjoux 7750. So they would need to "upgrade" the movement at a cost to me of about £1280. This seems like a terrible deal. I asked if there was any way of getting that cost down and I was told they could offer me a 50% reduction on the price of a new leather strap if I paid for the rest of the service.

I am very disappointed with their customer service and this experience has left a bitter taste in my mouth. I believe my movement can be serviced and it's Breitling's choice to stop that and upgrade the movement to a 25 jewel valjoux. And then they want to foot me with the bill for their decision. I think it's terrible customer service and I'd like to know other peoples thoughts and experiences.

Yours

Jamie

I think you may ask for only a sealing kit replacement and all the other job can be done by a skilled watchmaker "down the corner". Just my two cnets of course. Let us know how things will go on! Best,
Robert

For sale: Sinn 356 II, Porsche Design Titan Chrono Valjoux
Wanted: Breitling Blackbird 13353 on bracelet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:27 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Breitling refused to send me a sealing kit.

I would have been surprised if they did.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:10 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 14 posts
jamie81610 wrote:
Breitling refused to send me a sealing kit.

I would have been surprised if they did.

Sorry that I've made myself misunderstood. I meant that you send your watch to Breitling and ask only for a sealing renewal. I hope that it works this way. Good luck!

For sale: Sinn 356 II, Porsche Design Titan Chrono Valjoux
Wanted: Breitling Blackbird 13353 on bracelet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:46 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Again, they said no to that offer. It's either I get all the necessary work done at a cost of £1500 plus or nothing. Thank you Breitling.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:03 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 534 posts
Location: Santa Marta colombia on our way to french polynesia
any watchmaker worth their salt can get proper sized seals and perform a service on a very common 7750
good luck !