Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:44 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hello breitling source people;

new here but not in the watch "game" of flipping and rotation sadly...

I'm pretty new to Breitling after owning nothing less than 10 or more Seamaster from all generations. I became satisfied with the in house planet ocean and pretty much dont intend to go on .

I recently fell in love with Breitling, finding super good deals on a Chrono Avenger titanium with grey dial and a superocean abyss 44 in black.

I somehow like the ETA movements that can be serviced outside the breitling network but owning an in house fitted B01 watch comes into my mind alot lately.

A blue chronomat 44 B01 strikes hard but I'm puzzled. Value isnt that much a concern but I know servicing B01 isnt cheap and buying it almost 60%off and paying in few years or months servicing thats the third of the price watch still bugs me.

Also the Chrono avenger has a strong presence and unique feel, not sure a chronomat can overcome this.

Most forums I asked and sought intel were full of people hating the B01 for its failures but alot of people where living a happy life of almost 8y of ownership without any trouble.

So, would you stick with my duo or flip to get the in house ?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:43 am 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Liked in: 343 posts
That's a tough call. I really like the titanium chrono avenger and it would be hard for me to move it. That being said, I have the Chronomat Airborne which is the one version of the Chronomat that I would consider over the blue dial. If you want something with a little more bling, the Chronomat may be the answer but if you prefer to be a little under the radar, keep the Chrono Avenger.

Visit them on the web at http://www.govbergwatches.com or call 800-528-8463

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:21 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 14 posts
I'm a happy owner of the Chronomat B01 (41 mm case for a 6.75" wrist though). Keeps excellent time and no problems whatsoever. Had a date disc issue but it was serviced under warranty with a quick return. Loses a very constant 1-1.5 seconds a day. I would have the Chronomat in your place...

For sale: Sinn 356 II, Porsche Design Titan Chrono Valjoux
Wanted: Breitling Blackbird 13353 on bracelet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:04 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 62 posts
Get the B01 Chronomat in a heartbeat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:26 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 78 posts
The Chronomat is my grail and I find myself wearing it much more often than my Rolex GMT and Navi due to the fact that it's tough and easily compliments with any attire. The B01 movement is my favorite movement whether functionally or aesthetically. Well I'm a sucker for in-house movements and feel that I want more than just simply a generic proven movement. Overall the watch possess many details that I have never seen and feel that it is worth more than what I bought for. If you are worried about value, get pre-owned and you will find yourself getting one hell of a deal.

The avenger is rugged and I find the Chronomat more balanced so it depends on what you want. For the version of the Chronomat you like, my only doubt is whether you would be used to the full polished bracelet and case as it would be a magnet for fingerprints and hairline scratches. I don't feel it attracts attention or looks blingy because it is just a chunk of steel and not gold or with plenty of diamonds. Even a cheap full polished seiko can give off that look. Overtime it will "tone down" with all the hairline scratches(not sure if that is an upside or downside:p).

I have seen several B01 owners in forums and youtube regretting their purchase after getting B01 because I think they bought it hastily without truly appreciating it. End up overtime, they got tired of the weight, size and more commonly, the poor resale price. Of course some of them encountered unresolved issues with the movement and condemned the piece. Therefore my suggestion is that you should give yourself sometime to understand the piece and only by truly appreciating the model from every aspect will you less likely regret your purchase if you were to decide to go for it. Don't buy it just because you want an in-house Breitling. Good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:33 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
What's a solid 'non in house' movement breitling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:01 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Aaron1085 wrote:
What's a solid 'non in house' movement breitling?

I think it's the B13 (ETA-Valjoux 7750 based).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:20 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
And that's found in what models of breitling? For example, I've been in the market for quite a while but ever pulled the trigger. One concern is essentially what's mentioned above; the cost of BUSA service.

I love the Chronomat and Super Avenger 'looks' but I believe those are all in house movements

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:34 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Super Avenger is one of many B13 / 7750 based movements, full list here - http://www.breitlingsource.com/details/B13.html

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:20 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

I wouldn't flip a TI Chrono Avenger for a B01 under any circumstance. Especially on a Pro II bracelet.

IMHO the B01 movement is mainly hype that has for the most part subsided. I bought a Transocean Chrono and couldn't have been more displeased with the robustness.

All tha being said, I think the TI Chrono Avenger might be Breitling's best product.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:10 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

rebel_1 wrote:
I wouldn't flip a TI Chrono Avenger for a B01 under any circumstance. Especially on a Pro II bracelet.

IMHO the B01 movement is mainly hype that has for the most part subsided. I bought a Transocean Chrono and couldn't have been more displeased with the robustness.

All tha being said, I think the TI Chrono Avenger might be Breitling's best product.

I think I'm one of the persons who have to "defend" the B01: from scratch new product, developped (according to multiple rumours) by the very same group that developped the Rolex cal. 4130 for the Daytona, vertical clutch, column wheel, date complication, 70 hrs power reserve etc. etc. I'm extremely satisfied with mine (Chronomat 41 BEB dial), now loses 0.32-0.33 seconds a day regardless worn or kept on winding machine.
Just a different opinion only of course.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:33 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Robertus61 wrote:
rebel_1 wrote:

I think I'm one of the persons who have to "defend" the B01: from scratch new product, developped (according to multiple rumours) by the very same group that developped the Rolex cal. 4130 for the Daytona, vertical clutch, column wheel, date complication, 70 hrs power reserve etc. etc. I'm extremely satisfied with mine (Chronomat 41 BEB dial), now loses 0.32-0.33 seconds a day regardless worn or kept on winding machine.
Just a different opinion only of course.

I'll agree that my B01 was extremely accurate. My issue was the reliability. I sent it in for warranty repair (I think it was the Chrono not resetting) only to have the exact same issue within a couple of months.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:29 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 46 posts
bender.folder wrote:

I somehow like the ETA movements that can be serviced outside the breitling network but owning an in house fitted B01 watch comes into my mind alot lately.

You might be surprised that many watchmakers won't touch a Breitling even if it's an ETA movement. More specifically Chronos. The hands on Breitling watches are really hard to remove without damaging them in the process and replacement are near impossible to find.

cheers,

Breitling Navitimer 01
Omega Seamaster 300mc
Omega Speedmaster Pro "Mitsukoshi Mod"
Seiko Prospek Orange Samurai

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:49 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Huttfuzz wrote:
bender.folder wrote:

You might be surprised that many watchmakers won't touch a Breitling even if it's an ETA movement. More specifically Chronos. The hands on Breitling watches are really hard to remove without damaging them in the process and replacement are near impossible to find.

cheers,

Unfortunately - according to my informations - this is absolutely true. (That hands on Lings are hard to take off, way harder than that of competing brands.)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:28 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 80 posts
Roffensian wrote:
Super Avenger is one of many B13 / 7750 based movements, full list here - http://www.breitlingsource.com/details/B13.html

I much prefer this movement for its reliability track record and expertise development.