The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:29 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 4 posts
I have a limited edition SuperOcean Heritage Caribbean model. The watch works fine but the only way to change the date is by advancing the time.
the date does not advance when I pull the crown partway out like on my other Breitlings.
My AD suggested that because the date display is at the 6:00 position and not the 3:00 position like other models thus it does not have the rapid date advance feature. Does anyone here know if this is correct? The dealer attempted to contact Breitling USA service and found that their office is closed this week. Unfortunately the box and owners manual are packed away and I cannot lay my hands on them until the weekend. I appreciate any information you can offer. Thank you.

David

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:01 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 10 posts
i believe this has the Breitling 23 movement correct? its a 44MM chrono.. with subdials at 9 and 3?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:46 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 4 posts
I believe that it does have the Breitling 23 movement. It is a SuperOcean Heritage 44 Caribbean Limited Edition. I was able to learn yesterday that the method for advancing the date is different for this movement.

For a Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44 there are 2 positions for the crown. When you unwind the crown, it is in position 1. In this position you can manually wind the watch – around 40 turns will fully wind this watch. The crown can then be pulled, just once, into position 2. In this position you can wind the time forward to midnight when the date changes, then wind the watch backwards to 8pm, and then forwards again to midnight. You repeat this backwards and forward winding until the correct date is set.

PLEASE NOTE: this is the specific instructions for the calibre Breitling 23 movement used in the black and green Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44 – ref: Winding other watches backwards at midnight could damage the movement severely.

The good news is there was nothing wrong with my watch. Sorry for the pointless question!

David

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:04 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 10 posts
no worries..

any pix of said watch?