Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:10 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hello all, first post here.

I am seeking a Breitling Avenger II - Black Dial, Black Subdials, and Baton Markers, preferably with ProIII Bracelet. I have been keeping an eye out on WatchRecon, but have yet to see this version in particular come up for sale yet since I have been looking. I have done searching on ebay and other miscellaneous places I could find, but noticed that on WatchRecon, compared to ebay, prices are significantly cheaper (when buying from an individual it seems who may be more motivated to sell?). Granted, this observation is mainly from the first Avenger line of watches, because there are more out there for sale on the used market than the Avenger II at the moment.

That brings me to my question; what you think would be a fair to good deal on this particular watch (preowned)? Disclaimer: I am not looking to lowball anyone or treat any potential seller unfairly. I just have to watch the watch budget, as I am a student who still has a couple long years to go before I finish my doctorate, and this will be my first higher end/very nice watch.

Another question is, where would be a good place to look for used watches that is reputable? I haven't been in the loop for long about seeking out good deals, or even just seeking out watches on the preowned market in general.

This will be my first Breitling, so I very much look forward to the hunt and the eventual attainment. Any tips from the watch veterans, collectors, and enthusiasts here would be greatly appreciated!

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:24 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I'm not sure what used Avenger IIs are going or, but keep a an eye out here, Chrono24, and maybe watchuseek. You should be able to snag one at a reasonable price on one of those sites.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:26 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 4 posts
Jomashop has an avenger gmt II as described for like 2395-2600 new. But you don't get a breitling warranty. I would guess 2k-2.3k on a bracelet out of warranty is low end of fair.