The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:17 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 1 post
I have recently had a major service on my Aerospace performed by Breitling with included a new glass and the total cost was £650.

The first thing that I noticed upon getting the watch back from Breitling was that the buckle felt stiffer to close, as though a new one had been fitted, however the secondary/safety clasp is loose and makes a rattling sound during movement of my arm.

The watch also appears to be losing 2 seconds per month now (checked using a radio signal controlled watch) where as before it was serviced it was losing 2 seconds per year.

The other thing that I noticed is that minute hand doesn't line up fully with all of the minute markers on the dial. The service documentation lists the hands as being changed as part of the service.

I was wondering what people's views were as to whether or not this should be considered acceptable following a £650 service by Breitling? Am I being too fussy or should I send the watch back to Breitling and challenge them on these issues?

This is the first expensive luxury watch that I've owned so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Matt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:12 am 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Liked in: 343 posts
I just had my Colt GMT serviced through Govberg, an authorized service center, and my buckle came back stiffer as well. The watch is better timing wise and it looks brand new.

Visit them on the web at http://www.govbergwatches.com or call 800-528-8463

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:23 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 28 posts
I hate to say it, but I had one of my LE Navi's in to Breitling, handled by my local AD, for a warranty repair associated with the winder and some internals. They did a great job fixing the problem, but the watch returned to me 6 weeks later and the Navi bracelet was different. I wasn't completely certain at first, but after realizing that an extra link was present, so the fit was too big, the saftey clasp was loose fitting, and the micro adjustment on the clasp was different, I realized they had switched my bracelet. Reviewing my records prior to service, I had sent it in on a 427A and they sent it back on a 447A. In addition, I still had my extra link at home and the bracelet they sent back was clearly preowned. It took some effort and push back from my AD, but Breitling appears to be making right. I haven't received the Navi back yet, but it is supposed to be returning with a brand new 427A bracelet. The Breitling service manager said they looked for my original bracelet but were unable to find it. I'm just glad they did the right thing in the end. My AD was excellant during the process and I look forward to getting the watch back after almost 3 months. Never heard of this type of thing happening before though, very weird.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:05 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 1 post
Thanks for sharing your experience. I think Breitling managed to send me the same strap back. It seemed to fit perfectly when I got it back anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:20 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
That sounds incredibly bizarre. What reason could they have for switching out a perfectly fine bracelet?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:57 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 28 posts
Sardocasm wrote:
That sounds incredibly bizarre. What reason could they have for switching out a perfectly fine bracelet?

Exactly what I thought. I think they mixed it up or misplaced it with another bracelet from another Navi they were servicing. That would be my guess. We will never know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk