Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: My Wife Surprised Me!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:37 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
My wife surprised me with a wonderful gift. She always teased me about wanting a nice watch. She comes home from the retreat this weekend at the beach with a Breitling avenger. It's a used watch she paid $3100 for it it's in beautiful shape. It did not come with any paperwork so I have been trying to find out some information about it so I can take good care of it. Any help or advice from you guys with all your knowledge would be great.Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:42 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 844 posts
Very nice, good luck with it, don't know much about the avenger to give you any info.

1 Super avenger night mission
1 Limited edition chronomat Boston Celtics
Navitimer GMT
Transocean Chronograph Unitime
2 Omega planet ocean chronographs
1 Tag heuer Monaco

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:50 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 2 posts
Hi . It is a Avenger Skyland . 2007 - 2009. It looks like the grey dial. There are some very good replicas of this model but this looks OK to me. I have the black dial model. Not
Sure if the case and bracelet has been brushed but was originally polished. Enjoy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:44 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 18 posts
Congrats! I can't see any pics, but I'm sure it looks great on the wrist! Wear it in good health!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:46 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 16 posts
I would suggest you take it in to your local AD and have a service done, it could be 8-10 years old and may be way overdue for one. Plus they can verify authenticity.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:12 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
superpop wrote:
I would suggest you take it in to your local AD and have a service done, it could be 8-10 years old and may be way overdue for one. Plus they can verify authenticity.

The jeweler she bought it from said it was serviced through a certified dealer out of myrtle beach SC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:31 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 2 posts
Lucky you, enjoy in good health

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:11 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 86 posts
Beautiful watch. I had one with a black face and wish I still did. As far as care goes as stated above it was/is a polished finish and the bracelet, hard to tell from the photo, should be a Pro2. An important consideration should be to setting the date. The crown is screw down so that would need to be unscrewed, the crown pulled out two clicks and the hands rotated clockwise past twelve o'clock to see if the date changes. If it does than advance the hands to around two to four am and stop. Push the crown back in and then pull it out one click. Now rotate the crown clockwise I believe and if not try counterclockwise to get the date to change. Once you know the direction you can move the date up to the date previous to the current date and stop. Now pull the crown out the second click and move the hands forward past 12 midnight to ensure that date changes to the correct day. If not then rotate the hands around twice to ensure the date/time are in sync and then move the hands to the proper time, push the crown in and give it a few rotations and then gently push it towards the case and screw down snug. Do not over tighten the crown as can be done due to the size of the crown. It is very important to NOT try to change the date once the time has moved into anything past the four pm time. If it has, rotate the hands past twelve midnight and then set the date as I have described above. This sounds involved but it really isn't and once you do it you will understand how easy it is. Also, it only needs to be done when the watch has not been worn for a few days. Also, if it is the end of the month all that you need to do is make sure it is not late in the day time wise, pull the crown one click and rotate the crown to move the date ahead the necessary days and reset the crown and be on your way.
Other than this the watch is a tank and can endure as much as you can so wear it and enjoy. You have a true tool watch that looks great on any band you wish to put on it. I have included a photo of my now gone Skyland on my black croc. as a teaser. The watch takes a 22mm strap and there as hundreds of variations so have fun.
Hope this helps and if you have more questions feel free to ask as I am glad to tell you what I can.
Be safe, Frank.

2 people like this post.