Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:52 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 370 posts
Quote:
raised the question of establishing good will with a costumer. They had the chance to win me for life and have their praises sung on the forum.

It never ceases to amaze me how short sighted some corporations are! When you think of how little money it would have cost versus the amount of positive publicity that would have been received it makes me wonder!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:38 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 86 posts
Very sorry to hear this was the treatment you received. I have had a few interactions with Breitling in Conn. and have always received as least a respectful reply but this is simply wrong. For your own sake and the sake of the repair center you contacted I would push you to please go to the next level of management and report this. I find a phone call and not an e-mail is the more direct way to handle something like this as it is hard to deflect when someone is having to answer your question directly. I hope this all works out for you and please keep us in the loop.
Frank.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:07 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Helderberg wrote:
For your own sake and the sake of the repair center you contacted I would push you to please go to the next level of management and report this. I find a phone call and not an e-mail is the more direct way to handle something like this as it is hard to deflect when someone is having to answer your question directly. I hope this all works out for you and please keep us in the loop.

I would have to agree with Frank on this. Ultimately if you go far enough up the chain you will come to the attention of someone who cares considerably more about the company's image and potential future sales, than the few hundred dollars the repair would cost.

I had a similar issue with a BMW dealership a number of years ago. They refused to replace something that was clearly overlooked during their pre-delivery inspection, and I had to go through the sales guy, then through his manager, and all the way to BMW UK. As soon as it reached there, I reached someone with an ounce of customer understanding and before I knew it I had a letter of apology and the dealership was "directed" to sort the issue out free of charge.

The net result? I never used that particular franchised dealership again, but (due in no small part to the fact that BMW UK showed excellent customer service) I have since gone on to purchase a further 4 BMWs over the years. So that dealership lost out on tens of thousands of pounds worth of sales just by quibbling over a tiny hundred pound part. (And all the bad press that I gave the dealership to friends, family and colleagues after the event!)

Site Moderator