The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:15 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 3 posts
I am looking for a luxury work in work out watch.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:08 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 168 posts
Hi, and welcome!

You need to tell more about you're work environment, and what you do to relax for anyone to give an opinion in honesty.

A simple few details but important for any of us forum members got give an opinion.

Glad to have you amongst us.

Davey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:29 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 91 posts
My ideal watch for the last 17 or so years has been an all-brushed blackbird .
The brushed finish hides the mishaps well , and it's gone shiney as the years have gone by whereas a polished watch would look real beat-up in this time !!!

It's due to go back to breitling for a "restoration" service this year , and I'm now wearing an emergency in its place .
I have another couple of titanium watches and they're ideal if you work in an environment we're it'll get scratched , as the titanium "self-heals" within days (it's an oxidised layer on top of the metal , so it's like if you scratched a rusty piece of metal rust would form again to cover the scratch)
Though I don't wear these regularly at work as they're avengers and very tall on the wrist so would get knocked a lot more than a slimmer watch ...

The new colt breitlight seems an excellent watch to beat up on !!!

If you dong mind sending the watch back to breitling regularly , any would be good enough .
But not a blacked model .
Never a blacked model .

:)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:49 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I am an attorney and I do go golfing with the boys to relaxe.

I will be looking to trade in my Rolex HULK in the coming days but haven't made up my mind on which breitling to go for. Maybe a avenger 2 seawolf? but will that be a fair deal? or does it involve cash as well my way or opposite direction? I have a couple of rolex Subs and Omega watches and will really love to add a breitling to my collections. Hope i don't seem crazy?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:29 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 91 posts
You just bought a colt on here didn't you ?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:11 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 4 posts
i think golfing with any mechanical movement would be risky at best... ive heard lots of rolex wearers do but i do not with my Breitlings.

having said that, i think chronomat or navi would be a great choice. looks right with a suit or jeans. but everyone has a different opinion so... ultimately it's a highly personal and subjective choice.

good luck with the hunt.

Crosswind Special, White
Chronomat 44 B01 LE
Navi 01 LE, Vapor Silver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:53 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
As others have said it's really all down to your personal choice, and although you have an office-based job, a lot will still come down to what you want to use the watch for outside of work.

For example, the most classic Breitling would always be a Navitimer 01 IMO. Perfect watch in most respects, but you can't swim or shower in it, and its fine construction doesn't lend itself to knocks.

A slightly more rugged but still classic Breitling would be a Transocean Chronograph. Better WR, but still classic and reasonably dressy.

Slightly more rugged again would be a Chronomat. Better WR than the TOC, but while the name is classic, but the current design isn't so much. If you like it's looks, then great, as you can't really go wrong with one functionally speaking.

For an even more rugged look you have the Avenger models - cheaper (as no in-house movements), good WR and arguably slightly tougher still, but no where near as dressy which may limit wearing opportunities if that kind of thing bothers you.

But having said all that, I personally wouldn't use ANY mechanical watch for anything involving impact, and that includes golf. For that I'd go with something quartz (which Breitling obviously do), but my personal "weapon of choice" would be a G-Shock! Or alternatively just buy whichever Breitling sings to you and just take it off for anything too active.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:54 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 78 posts
Chronomat 01 with brushed finish for me. There are 2 main icons of Breitling in my opinion, Navi and Chronomat. However to me Chronomat is the epitome of Breitling spirit. It is a pilot watch, it is a dive watch, it is a land watch. It looks classic in the dark, it looks forceful and modern under the sun. It looks classy on suit, it looks rugged and sporty with jeans. It fits aesthically with any straps. It has all the features that you tend to use daily. You can do almost anything with it. It has that all rounded functional beauty that very very few watches possess. It doesn't look like just another generic looking watch but yet it doesn't look over the top.

I have worn my Chronomat for work, leisure and extreme sports. Shooting with pistol and M16, skydive, bungee jump, paragliding, hang gliding, quad biking, just to name a few... I whack the watch real hard. And I wash my watch with soap and water freely regularly without any worries.

However you need to like the look first before you can consider other factors.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:54 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 16 posts
I picked a B-50 for just these reasons. My SOH Chrono 44 is too dressy with the mesh bracelet although I can adapt it with my leather strap. The B-50 is my everyday watch as it is quartz and less prone to jostling issues. I have it on a rubber mesh strap with deployant and it works great for everyday use.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:40 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Thanks alot guys, i feel half way settling my curiosity, i was told trading in my HULK for a breitling will get me around $2500. Is this so? I wouldn't want to be on lose end with the trade.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:53 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
breitlingaddict wrote:
i was told trading in my HULK for a breitling will get me around $2500. Is this so? I wouldn't want to be on lose end with the trade.

If you mean you've been told you can trade in your Hulk for a Breitling and also get $2500 back in cash, then it'll entirely depend on which watch you're buying as the prices across the whole Breitling range vary considerably.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:47 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Driver8 wrote:
breitlingaddict wrote:
i was told trading in my HULK for a breitling will get me around $2500. Is this so? I wouldn't want to be on lose end with the trade.

If you mean you've been told you can trade in your Hulk for a Breitling and also get $2500 back in cash, then it'll entirely depend on which watch you're buying as the prices across the whole Breitling range vary considerably.

Maybe i am going to make my pick between the Avenger 2 seawolf and Chronomat, if so what will be the trade value?