Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 11:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:23 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
I am new to forum here

Just got myself Avenger Seawolf. It is cool watch.

I am just wondering how this Helium Escape Vales work? Is it working in the same way like the rolex? Anyone have its drawing or video how this is working.

I regularly wear this into the work and sea. Just worried if some water or chemical may gets into the case from this small tiny hole.

Kind advise is appreciated.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:29 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 40 posts
hideo wrote:
I am new to forum here

Just got myself Avenger Seawolf. It is cool watch.

I am just wondering how this Helium Escape Vales work? Is it working in the same way like the rolex? Anyone have its drawing or video how this is working.

I regularly wear this into the work and sea. Just worried if some water or chemical may gets into the case from this small tiny hole.

Kind advise is appreciated.

It won't do anything unless you're a sat' diver, in which case I'd expect you to know how it would work anyway. All to do with helium molecules and pressure inside the case during decompression. Normal wear, including scuba, just forget about it.

Steve

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:19 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 65 posts
Nice watch. I am wearing mine right now.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:51 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 176 posts
It's not a 'tiny hole', but a valve, & it's there to release Helium gas that will ingress into the case at a certain pressure. The watch remains 'waterproof' but the helium invades the space inside the case where the movement is as pressure increases. He, will cause no problem to the watch movement, but will expand during 'decompression' and lilkely blow off your crystal, which will cause a catastrophic ingress of seawater into your case/movement thereby destroying your pride & joy.
So therefore, your watch has a Helium escape valve which will protect your movement by expelling Helium gas as the pressure of your ascent reduces & you return to your desk, safe, & ready for another day.
Your watch is rated at 3000m, so please don't worry about your little hole in the caseband, and enjoy the feeling of wearing one of the most pressure proof watches commercially available, in the world.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:22 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 40 posts
Nealywheelie wrote:
It's not a 'tiny hole', but a valve, & it's there to release Helium gas that will ingress into the case at a certain pressure. The watch remains 'waterproof' but the helium invades the space inside the case where the movement is as pressure increases. He, will cause no problem to the watch movement, but will expand during 'decompression' and lilkely blow off your crystal, which will cause a catastrophic ingress of seawater into your case/movement thereby destroying your pride & joy.
So therefore, your watch has a Helium escape valve which will protect your movement by expelling Helium gas as the pressure of your ascent reduces & you return to your desk, safe, & ready for another day.
Your watch is rated at 3000m, so please don't worry about your little hole in the caseband, and enjoy the feeling of wearing one of the most pressure proof watches commercially available, in the world.

Not exactly: helium is used in a dry environment during saturation diving, and the molecules are small enough to enter the watch. During the decompression process, the molecules expand and can't escape / or can't escape at the same rate as the decompression and the pressure inside the watch activates the valve. All of this takes place in a dry environment. The He valve doesn't operate during actual diving.

Steve

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:59 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Thks a lot everyone.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:33 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Thks a lot everyone.