The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:48 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hello, I've recently purchased an Avenger Skyland. I'm over the moon with the watch & it's in great condition. The watch is a 2008 model, after a brief conversation with Breitling I've found it has never been serviced with Breitling.
I bought the watch from Watchfinder & they've said it's had a service with them before being dispatched but I'm just wondering if I should send it to be serviced with Breitling themselves as I'm not sure if WF would have applied any lubricant during their service & I know the oil starts to break down after a few years Thanks in advance. :bow:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:51 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
All watchfinder would have done is oiled it, they don't have access to parts to do anything else.

If it runs accurately with a decent reserve then I wouldn't send it for service, but prepare for a more expensive service when it is done by Breitling due to the unauthorised work. You should also expect a shorter service interval as things like running train wheels wear.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:56 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Thanks for the reply Roff. Think I'll leave it for a while as everything seems fine at the moment. The watch also came with a years warranty so any issues I'll just send it back.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:34 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
I was in same situation when I bought Avenger Seawolf (Ti) and seller said they have serviced watch recently and it will have one year warranty.

Once I received the watch I sent it straight to BUSA for authentication and for full service and the BUSA receiving inspection notes stated the watch has never been serviced by Breitling Service Center, the movement was found dirty and so on.

In other words service done by some "blacksmith" doesn't guarantee the work was done properly....