The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 9:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:13 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 2 posts
Hi this is my first time posting here, please be gentle.

I really need advice because I'm have constant issues with the service centre. I had to return my Avenger 2 Seawolf under warranty for gaining time so they replaced the entire movement, i then notice just after a few weeks that there was a speck of dust on the inside of the glass and so it goes in again! Again within a couple of weeks there is a rattle as I'm fitting a new strap and yep back it goes again... they tell me the balance weight was loose! So i now have it back for a few weeks and realise the case back is loose!! Luckily i did not wear it in water but i was in the process of putting my diver strap back on in preparation to get it wet.

I apologise for the long paragraph but i need advice on what to do as i am totally at a loss of how to deal with such poor incompetent service and to be honest i dont trust the service centre to get it right. Any advice is most welcome

Thanks, Jon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:24 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 43 posts
If it's just the case back being loose, you can just tighten it yourself. Use your fingers or one of those jar openers or a ball of duct tape. It's an easy fix.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:53 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
I fear from my own experience, but also quite a lot of recent similar stories on UK forums, that standards at BUK are seriously slipping. I think in the first instance you need politely to escalate the grievance: if you're dealing with them by 'phone or by email you could start by asking for someone higher up the hierarchy with whom you wish to discuss your experience and to pursue the complaint. I don't think you have much choice except to send it back to them, but that might at least ensure that your watch is earmarked and sent to the A-team...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:49 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Hi Tom, thanks for your reply. I have now emailed all the contacts I have at B.UK and the jewellers. I will await their response, my next step will be to forward all correspondence to Breitling Switzerland

Hunterfate likes this post.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:37 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
Do please keep us posted - it helps to add to the knowledge base.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:12 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 40 posts
Genuine question: how could you have it back for a few weeks before realising the caseback is loose? Seems really weird that a loose caseback wouldn't be picked up as soon as someone handled the watch. Unless the o-ring isn't seated properly and it became loose as a result; is that possible? It would have to pass a pressure test before being released, though, right?

Steve

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:12 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

I only noticed it was loose when I changed the strap, I altrrnate between my Omega Planet Ocean and this one. when I say loose it had movement and I was able to loosen and tighten it. As for the pressure I have asked that exact question when I emailed b.uk and stated that had I used it in the pool it would now be ruined. It's strange that I have had 3 failures with the qc stage of this watch after having the original movement replaced due to it gaining time.

1st time it had dust on the inside of the glass, 2nd it rattled and was clarified as the balance weight was loose, now the case back

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:40 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
This is a real shame to hear as BUK used to be absolutely impeccable in my experience. I haven't used them in the last few years, so it'll be a real shame if standards have slipped as much as the OP's post would suggest. :(

Site Moderator