The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:43 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I looked back through the "archives of experts" but still have a couple questions I think someone would be happy to help with. I got great help buying my first Colt and sense this is a community that likes to provide opinions....

I saw a post about wearing for a month, at least, to get a sense of performance. My Colt Auto Chrono is running a bit fast, gaining right at 90 seconds in 10 days. I understand the COSC standards, and what I read said to wear it about 30 days. But is there really anything that can be done to fix that? I mean, I'm only off a couple seconds a day or so. If I get through a month and see the same performance, should I really take it in for an adjustment? I'm ok with it being a bit off, but resetting the time weekly seems like it might be a bit much. A friend has broken two stems, so naturally I am nervous about getting too many turns on there....

This one is going to be a little more 'unique'.... My watch is a daily wearer. I'm VERY proud of it! I store it at night by laying it on a pad with the crown up (see above). But I'm sure there are a million 'temporary storage' options. I play golf, and right now I just have an old sock that I pull through the bracelet, then over the watch, then store in a soft lined leather pouch in my golf bag. It seems like this is typical enough that someone would have recommendation of a mounting or something to protect the bracelet and back. The pouch is more than adequate to protect the outside....

As I said in my intro on the other forum discussion, first time owner, so will plead guilty to being overly cautious, but not so much that I wont wear and enjoy it each day.
For me and others, just looking for opinions. I'll figure it out from there.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:30 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
If the watch is off by 9 seconds a day it can be regulated in a few minutes to closer to +/-0 (exactly on is virtually impossible to maintain).

I can t say I've ever considered wrapping the bracelet, it will get plenty of desk diver .arks from regular wear anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:42 am 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

Liked in: 105 posts
If it is consistently off by 9 sec a day, it is accurate. Let it be until the next service is due.
All other questions - try to ignore for another six to twelve months.
It will get easier to cope with ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:17 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 12 posts
9 seconds is outside COSC, give it the month then take it in to regulate if no better.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:21 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 811 posts
As far as precision goes, 9 sec a day could be annoying, but if it is a new watch and it is consistent in timekeeping I wouldn't open it if it isn't really necessary.

I dislike messing with crown too so I use the trick to set the time on my watch a bit earlier if it gains time: let's say 15-20 sec earlier (for instance if time is 10:00:15, I set my watch to 10:00:00). By doing that I gain 2 more days before setting the watch again :).