The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:05 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Does anyone no what length warranty you get after a complete overhaul? The shop told me it was 2 years after i got my watch back from breitling UK at a cost of £725 but on breitlings website it states 12 months which i presume is right. It has now stopped i wont work and im kind of loosing faith in the brand as its only been 16 months since i got it back after it broke last time after the crown winder fell off last time. It had the fault fixed and had a full service and its only been worn half a dozen times. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:11 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 36 posts
Yes 1 year parts and labor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:32 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Great. Im going into the AD that sent it off for the service to see what they say. I expect alot more from something that costs £725 to service and fix then it breaks again after been worn 6 times in 16 months.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:31 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
1-year as avantgarde says. Rolex (for one) offers a 2-year service warranty which might have confused the AD.

Keep us posted stug. I get the anecdotal sense that standards are slipping at BUK.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:36 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 159 posts
TomP wrote:
I get the anecdotal sense that standards are slipping at BUK.

As I read it on the forums, not just BUK.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:04 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

TomP wrote:
1-year as avantgarde says. Rolex (for one) offers a 2-year service warranty which might have confused the AD.

Keep us posted stug. I get the anecdotal sense that standards are slipping at BUK.

Will do mate.

All i did was just give it the normal 30 winds to get it started and nothing happened, its just dead.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:44 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 12 posts
give it a few shakes in your hand, sometimes needs that to get everything going after a manual wind.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:50 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Or less riskily, slowly rotate it 360 degrees about the dial (i.e. move 12 to the 3 position, then 6, then 9, then back to 12). Shaking is not really recommended!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:07 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Roffensian wrote:
Or less riskily, slowly rotate it 360 degrees about the dial (i.e. move 12 to the 3 position, then 6, then 9, then back to 12). Shaking is not really recommended!

Will give it a go when im home. You can hear the movement moving inside when you move it as i checked that yesterday. The crown detached completely from the case last time so sent it off to be fixed and also a full service as it was due one and now this hence why im becoming a bit concerned with the brands reliabillity. Its probably only been worn about 50 times in total and its so far broke twice, not good.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:35 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Tried giving it a few turns and nothing. What i did notice is that it has moved 6 hours from when it happened yesterday and stopped again as it now says 7 o'clock and it was 1 o'clock when i first wound it up.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:50 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Well i took it back to the AD today and they have told me it will be free as its definately a 2 year warranty so ive had some good news. The technician in the shop said there is definately something loose and rattling around inside which isnt very good. The manager in the service department also said that they have had alot of breitlings back with problems lately which dosent bode well for the brand. They also said breitling uk is a nightmare of a company to deal with and they dont realy care about there customers and how long it takes them to get peoples watches back to them after they are sent in for a repair. Just about every employee in the shop said rolex is a much better brand and are a pleasure to deal with if any issues occur. I think my watch will be going the journey when it comes back and im jumping ship to rolex. I asked to be put on the waiting list for a rolex sea dweller deep sea deep blue but it looks like i have more chance of finding a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow than getting one of them for list price.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:50 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Well good news the warranty was 2 years and i have received my watch back from buk and its all sorted and also no charge. Also received another breitling carry case qnd cleaning cloth which is always a nice touch. It only took 4 weeks as well.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:54 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Well came to set the time on my watch for the first time since getting it back and i went to give it 30 winds first and the crown wont disengage and pop out to its first position to allow uou to wind it up. When you try to unwind it to give it a wind up it just keeps clicking and when you turn it back the other way it just shuts back up tight again. I dont know what the hell buk are playing at as they could not of checked it as it would not of left the the factory to come back to me if they had. I was losing faith in the brand to start with due do all the problems ive had and now ive lost faith completely. Back off to buk it goes again :-(