It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:14 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hi all,
My first post so please be gentle.
I currently have a SuperOcean A17360 and would love an Emergency I.
My main question is on second hand pricing and it's spread.
Given an Emergency I was £12k in 2010 would you say £3k today is worthwhile price/investment?
Any help appreciated either on the watch or pricing.
Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:30 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
Welcome Michelin. Have you looked at Chrono24? The best advice is to use that for a sense at least of asking prices.

michelin likes this post.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:51 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Hi
Thanks for the welcome.
I haven't looked at the Chrono 24.
I'm trying to get a feel for second hand Emergencies and from £12k when new to £3k that is some drop particularly with the piece only being 6 years old. I am looking at buying one not selling.
Cheers :-)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:22 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 730 posts
Chrono24 is a good source of second hand watches and for checking current values & prices so just have a look. Also, check eBay sold prices to see what people are paying.

Citizen Eco Drive AT4000-02E (for gardening)
Seiko 5 SNZG15J1
Hamilton X Wind LE

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:22 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Ah got you, Chrono 24 website. Cheers :-)
Appreciated

zak57 wrote:
Chrono24 is a good source of second hand watches and for checking current values & prices so just have a look. Also, check eBay sold prices to see what people are paying.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:11 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 3 posts
I bought myself an Emergency 1 Super Quartz in 2014 & for what it's worth here's a summary of my research prior to purchase. Others on here will be better qualified with all the technical stuff but this is an easy way to tell which is which.

Emergency Quartz (1995 - 2001) says: Breitling Emergency 121.5 on dial. Ref # e.g. E56321 43mm Diameter.

Emergency Super Quartz (2002 - 2012) says: Breitling Chronometre Emergency 121.5 on dial. Ref # e.g. E76321 43mm Diameter.

Emergency Mission (2003 - 2008) Dial features 3 Chronograph Subdials & date aperture @ 4 O'clock. Ref # e.g. A73321 45mm Diameter.

Emergency II (2013 - Present Day) says: Breitling Emergency 121.5/406MHZ Dual Frequency Transmitter on dial. Ref # e.g. E76325 51mm Diameter.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:15 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Thank you very much

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:49 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

You're very welcome. By the way forum sponsor AMJ Watches (Newark Notts) are selling New old stock Superquartz for £4,055.00 with full warranty. rrp is £5,070.00 + they have other previously owned too. If you're interested check out http://amjwatches.co.uk/breitling.html
I have no connection by the way just a satisfied customer.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:19 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I've seen a 2010 model, hardly used and perfect condition with all paperwork, case and accessories for circa £3k. Pondering if it's a good buy or not.
Will obviously do all checks first i.e. To see if stolen etc etc.
Thoughts on price??
Cheers guys.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:16 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Yeh if it's the Coral dial with Diver Pro strap on ebay that's not a bad price; although a Super Quartz never cost anywhere near £12k so what else is he/she embellishing? Keep in mind the cost of a Maintenance Service (every 2 years) is £420 so now the Coral Dial from Mark Worthington Wilmslow with a service just done in March plus a 12 month dealer warranty comes into consideration. That said as I mentioned above you can get a new one from AMJ (Old Stock) with full manufacturer warranty & first service free for £4,055.00. Personally speaking I prefer one of the 2 dealer options for extra peace of mind but if you can negotiate a slightly better price & dont fancy paying closer to £4k then go for it. The Complete Service (every 4 - 6 years) will be silly money but I can't find a price for it anywhere but it's gotta be £600+ I reckon? The only 2010 model on Chrono24 works out at approx £3.5k but it does include Titanium bracelet in addition to Diver Pro but the case looks like it's from a Quartz rather than a Super Quartz?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:51 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Thanks Commander for the information :-)
What sort of money would a super quartz have been in 2010?
What makes you question the case on the watch on Chrono24? Differing styles you mean?
Just had a look on AMJ and can't see the new but old style
one for £4055......
:lingsrock:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:32 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Back in 2010 The Super Quartz would have been around £3600.00. This is based on a price list I found quoting a price of $5315.00. Today with a dollar worth approx 0.80p that would cost £4,264.00. Back then the dollar was worth approx 0.66p hence the price being approx £3600. As for the cases look at the difference on eBay between your Coral Superquartz option & a Eurac Dial Quartz listing with older style case. Newer cases show the wording Instruments For Professionals in bottom right corner & have a central box within to store the watch. They also position the Tester vertically where older case displays it horizontally with screwdriver slot below not above the test unit. As for AMJ new old stock click link in previous post, filter by Range: Professsional then filter by price (High-Low) & should be there 12th & 13th options in list. Keep going for a couple of cheaper previously owned models. Like I say if rec retail price is still just about £5k today then no way would it have cost £12k back in 2010. They might quote that price for insurance purposes to replace it because that's what an Emergency II costs but the original was never anywhere near that price & they reckon to have sold some 40,000 of them back in the day.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:26 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

The hunt continues as the one I originally wanted has gone.
I'm on watchfinder and they have a 2006 with the titanium bracelet for £2950?????? Has anybody used watchfinder.co.uk?
Decisions decisions.............

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:58 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
Be VERY careful when buying used Energency watches! I've got a Coral and Yellow one, both SQ versions incl matching UTC and have plenty of experience with getting these things serviced. Problem is Breitling is extremely strict when you bring it in for service. If they find the smallest piece of corrosion (much less then a millimeter) they want you to exchange quartz board and/or transmitter with a cost of roughly 500-1000EUR ON TOP on the already steep service costs for an Emergency. And if you refuse you will get your E returned unserviced although transmitter and movement worked absolutely perfect when brought in!!
And chances for corrosion are likely since the Emergency is not exactly is known for it's supertight waterproofness.
I'm currently in the process of communicating with Breitling SA since i get the feeling they use the Emergency aa a milking cow and this crazy rigid service policy aporoaches the level of cheating the customer.....
There may be very well difference in policy in the various service centres in different countries but not sure of that. Already know that some return all the exchanged E parts with a service and some dont.
Will update here, but I know from previous experience communicating with Switzerland headquarters is sloooooow.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:02 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Another problem is The bracelet in titanium. It could be open in The part without screw. The Breitling service don,'t repair it but you must change the bracelet ( it cost 1200 us dollar)