Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:42 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Good evening all!

Hope you'll forgive this first post - I'm a longtime lurker, currently wearing an early '70s 1806 and a modern Transocean Unitime...

I have a charity Ebay auction running which I thought might be of interest here - and of course I want to raise as much as possible! It's in aid of the NSPCC, a children's charity here in the UK, with Ebay sending all proceeds direct to them.

All details on the book are on the listing of course - link below - but in brief it's a very limited edition art book commissioned by Breitling to celebrate the Red Arrow's 50th display season, signed by all 2014 team members (bar one absence!) and by the artist, David Bent.

AFAIK, these were never offered for sale and only given to team members and VIPs.

At the same time, as you will all know, Breitling did a run of 50 Transocean Chronograph Blacksteels, as worn by Red Arrows pilots. So if you're lucky enough to have the watch, you might want the book to go with it!

There should be no problem with international shipping - if there's any problem with viewing or bidding from outside the UK, do please let me know.

Thanks for letting me alert you to this, and I hope we can raise a few quid for a charity I have long supported. This is part of a year of fundraising by me for the NSPCC which included a 100 mile/160km bike ride. Bidding on this book will be far less painful...!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Signed-Red-Arrows-50th-Anniversary-official-art-book-never-offered-for-sale-/162258284640?hash=item25c758f060:g:ERwAAOSwcLxYEm33

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:45 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Before anyone reports to mods for being in the wrong section, I know it's here and leaving it for the charity connection. Have also linked a shadow topic in the eBay deals section.

GLWS.