The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:16 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hello, Hoping someone could give some advice.

I recently purchased a Breitling Emergency from eBay from a reputable seller (+ 3,000 positive feedback)

I called Breitling UK Service Centre to ask when the last service had been undertaken and was told 2012.  I then requested for the watch to be registered in my name, due to the transmitter.

I got an email today from Breitling that the watch had shown up on their lost / stolen database, which both shocked and distressed me hugely.

I have been told that they will look into it and get back to me.  I immediately contacted the seller, who came back to me and stated that they were not aware of any untoward history of the watch.

So the Breitling was in for a service in 2012, and whatever has been reported has happened after that.

What are my options? Will the watch be confiscated? I don't feel that I have done anything wrong, in fact, it was my initiative to get the watch registered with them.

Can there be a mistake or misunderstanding from Breitling's side? The watch came with box and papers.

Would appreciate any input, pending Breitling getting back to me with an update.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:05 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 370 posts
Not jumping the gun, but if it does come back reported stolen I would immediately open a claim through EBAY, paypal, if used, or a credit card if you used that. The seller is going to have to make good on the purchase! I wouldn't surrender the watch to anybody just yet, It may take awhile to straighten out. I would wait for verification from Breitling that it is indeed stolen. The watch may be owned by an insurance company if a claim was made. Best of Luck!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:35 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 36 posts
If you send the watch to Breitling it will be confiscated. Open a claim/dispute with eBay ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:06 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
avantgardetime wrote:
If you send the watch to Breitling it will be confiscated. Open a claim/dispute with eBay ASAP.

:yeahthat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:52 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 414 posts
I had this happen to me four times over the years with Ebay Breitling's, all limited edition military versions. Three were taken back by the seller without problem and eventually returned to their rightful owners. The fourth was returned to Andrew Michaels (where it originated) and I was kindly compensated by them and the watch returned to it's owner. It happens but Ebay should have no problem with sorting things out if the seller isn't receptive to taking the watch back.

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:54 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 12 posts
Potential insurance fraud? Original owner sells it to a dealer then reports it lost/stolen and claims on their insurance, insurance firm passes this info on to Breitling.

bullmoon likes this post.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:58 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 91 posts
I'm sorry to hear about your problem , and this idea is a little too late now ,
But I bought my emergency from the original owner via a 3rd party due to the distances involved .
The owner called breitling then patched me in to a 3-way call , breitling then sent the "liability form" for beacon activation (originally signed at the authorized dealer by the purchaser) to the original purchaser , then myself .
Once that paperwork was done and responsibility was assigned to me , it was a simple matter of inspecting the watch/paperwork/accessories , then handing over the cash to the 3rd party (an old friend of the op from when he grew up in my area)

I hope this may be of help to any future emergency buyers .