The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:13 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hey guys... I am very new here, and to watches in general. I am very hesitant to start reading a whole lot because I know I will become addicted with learning all there is to know about higher end time pieces.

In saying that, I know that a Breitling will be the first watch I buy. I fell in love with a Super Avenger back on 05(ish) in Vegas and still regret not buying it when I could have. Since then though, other hobbies and items have really caught my interest and taken my time. I really do not know where to start... DEFINITELY do not want to buy the "wrong" watch or get scammed into a fake piece.

Since that 05 Super Avenger, my tastes have changed a bit and so has a lot in my life. I am not a pilot or diver who is relying on a watch for function:)

I am looking for opinions on a work horse do-all piece!! These days I am really drawn to the Navitimer and Montbrilliant, but I do not think they are suited for me? Shoot... I cant even tell how you read the thing? lol

Now, the Cronomat 44GMT with Black Croco band looks up my ally! I also really love the new B55 watch, but I know nothing about it... The Super Avenger II looks nice, I just do not get the same "feeling" with it as I did the Super Avenger I saw back in 05 (not sure why). I do have the ability to buy an older Colt Quartz (for around $1300) but, the dial has all the numbers showing and I am not in love with it.

Any help, thoughts, recommendations for reading etc... would be so greatly appreciated!

Bobby :lingsrock:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:36 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Not one person here can advise or give me thoughts on this?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:11 am 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

Liked in: 1005 posts
Hello and welcome to the forum! There are many great offerings from Breitling, my suggestion would be to go to a local authorized dealer and try a few on to get a better understanding of which models "speak" to you. The SA1 is a beautiful watch that has massive wrist presence, but can be a bit much for some to wear as a daily wearer. Good luck with your decision !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:20 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

MattC wrote:
Hello and welcome to the forum! There are many great offerings from Breitling, my suggestion would be to go to a local authorized dealer and try a few on to get a better understanding of which models "speak" to you. The SA1 is a beautiful watch that has massive wrist presence, but can be a bit much for some to wear as a daily wearer. Good luck with your decision !

Thank you for the advise!! Appreciate the thought and reply... M going to do just that:)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:33 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 86 posts
I would have to agree with MattC as it is hard to advise someone what is right for them when we really have no idea what your interests and intentions of use are. Having said that I would look at the Transocean chrono as I see that watch as a line between the Chronomat and the Navi. Just my opinion but worth a look.
Let us know how you do and welcome, Frank.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 3 posts
It's quite a tough ask I guess, as everyone has an opinion on what watch they like? I guess price is the first question. How much do you have to spend? Wrist size is another. Some Breathings are quite big, do you have the wrist to carry it off?

Navitimer is a classic, and probably always will be. I like the Cosmonaut, if you don't mind the H24 time display. I have a B50 cockpit and love it. Ultimately I think you need to love the watch you will buy. You will know when you see it... So keep looking until you do?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:57 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
Bobby, welcome to the forum and congrats on your pending purchase.

It's hard to advise you on particular models because they're so individualized. What I may like, you may not. So which one is right for you? My best advice: It's like girls, you just know it when you see it.

I would recommend going to an AD. I did plenty of online research before I bought my first Breitling, a Navitimer. The dealer was informative and helpful, and spent a lot of time with me, going over details, comparing and contrasting with Rolex, etc. Because I had done some online research (including lurking on this forum!), I had a foundation to ask questions. It was a very helpful experience, it narrowed my interests and confirmed my infatuation with the Navitimer was in fact true love.

Congrats on the journey -- and enjoy!

Watch nut likes this post.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:13 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Thanks for the thoughts and advise... I have to find a dealer local to me...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:11 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
Whatever you buy, buy it with the bracelet as it's always easier to add strap afterwards than find the correct bracelet.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:41 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Of the breitlings I love the chronomat 44 gmt black eye grey model. I really love the new B55 exospace it's just seems over priced. The new avenger bandit model is one I need to check out as well

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:54 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 9 posts
If you have the cash for it then buy the Chronomat b01 series... you wont have any regrets after you pull the trigger.