Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Chronospace for work
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:18 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
I've been wearing this at work for a while now. So far, so good!

It is easy to read. The huge numbers and hour dots make the time very easy to pick up at a quick glance. The lume on this thing is incredible! If I shine a flashlight on it for a quick moment, the hands, the hour dots and the "9" and "3" are so bright you can use it to light things up.

There are so many functions on it (most of which I will never use), but being able to look at it and get regular time and 24 hour time in the same glance is great.

The calendar is also great...gives me day of the week, and date (mm/dd/yy) all in one screen. So again, a quick glance gives me a lot of information.

The readability of the watch is its best feature though. Big hands and big markers (like I mentioned above) make it very easy to read.

The mesh bracelet... awesome. Extremely comfortable for a metal bracelet. Also, I like how the bracelet is straight across where it connects between the lugs (leaving a small space between it and the case). I don't know why that matters to me, but I really like it.

The DLC does scratch with a good strike on the concrete, but this is a work watch...so the dings add to its rugged-looking-ness. Overall though it seems pretty resilient. It has been worn in the rain, in the woods, in the swamp, and in the hot Florida sun.

I still get compliments.

Overall very pleased. The only thing I don't like is that the crown moves easily and can inadvertently change the function (I would have liked it to be harder to turn, or have "clicks" to change). But that is pretty minor.

Last edited by monkeypolice69 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Chronospace for work
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:16 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Nice mini-review. :thumbsup:

I believe (and a quartz owner can no doubt correct me if I'm wrong) you can get Breitling to adjust the sensitivity of the crown to make it require more turns to change the function, so that may be soemthing worth considering asking them about when the next service is due.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:28 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
Driver8 wrote:

I believe (and a quartz owner can no doubt correct me if I'm wrong) you can get Breitling to adjust the sensitivity of the crown to make it require more turns to change the function, so that may be soemthing worth considering asking them about when the next service is due.

Hmmm... Id be interested to see if anyone has a solution to this.

It would probably have to be something physical, though. Something that binds up the crown so that it is harder to turn, or even some way to convert the crown to some sort of locking or screw-down one.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:34 am 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

Liked in: 105 posts
monkeypolice69 wrote:
Driver8 wrote:

I believe (and a quartz owner can no doubt correct me if I'm wrong) you can get Breitling to adjust the sensitivity of the crown to make it require more turns to change the function, so that may be something worth considering asking them about when the next service is due.

Hmmm... Id be interested to see if anyone has a solution to this.

It would probably have to be something physical, though. Something that binds up the crown so that it is harder to turn, or even some way to convert the crown to some sort of locking or screw-down one.

If it is something that Breitling can adjust the sensitivity (as Roff hints) then most likely it is a Breitling programable variable controlling the crown angle of rotation before function change, hence something only Breitling could do as part of service.
I doubt it would be something physical, far simpler to make it a programable variable.