Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:51 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 4 posts
First thing ... I miss my Super Avenger

and the main reason i sold it was because of the bling around the case,maybe i can get my hands on another, but only if breitling brushes the case and pushers to brushed, will breitling to this to a model that only came polished? i know the new super avenger comes in brushed but not the old one

does anyone knows?

i once asked breitling if they could brush a tangle buckle and they told me of course, but asked about a ocean racer clasp they refused to brush it.

Omega Planet Ocean Chrono 9300 Co-axial Ceramic on SS bracelet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:30 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
I only know of one piece that Breitling agreed to brush from the polished finish - it's generally a no-no. However, Breitling does seem to have become more tolerant of these changes so if you got it done by a 3rd party you shouldn't have issues with servicing (although I would still check first).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:42 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 28 posts
I hope you can find someone to brush it for you. I have a few techniques that I use to do exactly the same thing, but it does and would involve disassembling the entire watch. Sometimes you can get away with not doing any dismantling, but it’s only in selected areas on the case or braclet.

A 3rd party doing this work would be best, but then having a subsequent warrantee claim (unrelatedd) may justify raising an eyebrow by Breitling, but servicing at your cost should not. Or so I would have thought.

If Roff is correct, then is anyone getting the feeling that even after you have purchased a Breitling, and you want to do a bit of modding, then the watch isn’t actually yours to do as you want with? I am reading so much about this type of business attitude just lately that its starting to get scary.

"You have Control".

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:09 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
havent used him personally, but i will. hes active on rolex forums. check out his site with credentials.
im pretty sure no one at busa, rusa, etc. has anywhere near his experience. he has parts acounts for a lot of big brands which says a lot.

http://timecareinc.com/

btw. super avenger brushed would be the bomb!! ive inquired about it before also.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:26 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

crod wrote:
havent used him personally, but i will. hes active on rolex forums. check out his site with credentials.
im pretty sure no one at busa, rusa, etc. has anywhere near his experience. he has parts acounts for a lot of big brands which says a lot.

btw. super avenger brushed would be the bomb!! ive inquired about it before also.

Am I missing somehting? Are there any before and after shots of projects completed? I can't see them on the website.

"You have Control".

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:15 am 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

Liked in: 105 posts
Some possible scenarios:
- Breitling will most likely refuse to change the finish from polished to brushed, regardless of it being under warranty or not.
- If the watch is under warranty and you get a third party to brush it for you, Breitling will most likely not honour the warranty, especially if there is a clear evidence of the watch being disassambled to get it brushed by third party.
- They will most likely want to restore the finish to it's original state if you send it for service at some point in the future.
They may agree not to change the finish back to polished but I doubt they will agree to refinish it in brushed for you.

Lot's of "mays" here but fundamentally that is the reality. Some service centres are a bit more leanient other's are not.
Whatever you do is at our own risk.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:05 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 85 posts
No experience with Breitling on that particular issue, but I did send a Rolex with a full polished bracelet to Rolex USA once for a full service, and they ended up restoring the bracelet to its original state (brushed on outer links, polished in middle link). I was not too happy about it, but nothing I could do.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:30 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

P51 wrote:
crod wrote:

Am I missing somehting? Are there any before and after shots of projects completed? I can't see them on the website.

I didn't mean pictures of watches. I meant all of his credentials. I.e experience, accomplishments etc. just do some searching on him and see what everyone has done. On rolex forums he has a ton of people that post before and after shots if that's what u want to see

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:56 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 4 posts
need to email busa about this

Omega Planet Ocean Chrono 9300 Co-axial Ceramic on SS bracelet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:59 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

I doubt they will do it. To much of a change.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:33 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 2 posts
I was told yes by a sales associate at the Manhattan boutique. However, keep in mind that 1. she was trying to sell me a watch and 2. it was shortly after the store opened so maybe she was unfamiliar with Breitling's rules.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:48 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Quote:
I didn't mean pictures of watches. I meant all of his credentials. I.e experience, accomplishments etc. just do some searching on him and see what everyone has done. On rolex forums he has a ton of people that post before and after shots if that's what u want to see

No time Crod. Too busy to read testimonials or certificates at the moment. If he has given good service to Rolex owners, then that should be good enough. What is it he does, again?

"You have Control".

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:47 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

P51 wrote:
Quote:

No time Crod. Too busy to read testimonials or certificates at the moment. If he has given good service to Rolex owners, then that should be good enough. What is it he does, again?

hes an actual watchmaker. over 30yrs. i think...

he does full service, repair, mods etc.