The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:56 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 414 posts
Anyone in the US have any experience with getting a new replacement movement for their Aerospace Advantage? I just picked up a used watch with a dead movement and was wondering what to expect.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:52 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 0 post
vintage wrote:
Anyone in the US have any experience with getting a new replacement movement for their Aerospace Advantage? I just picked up a used watch with a dead movement and was wondering what to expect.

Thanks.

expensive very expensive but I know someone who will buy it from you :lingsrock: :bow:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:02 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

sonyman wrote:
vintage wrote:

Thanks.

expensive very expensive but I know someone who will buy it from you :lingsrock: :bow:

All in good time Phil. Think I'll have to throw some dollar bills at it first. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:07 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

vintage wrote:
sonyman wrote:
vintage wrote:

Thanks.

All in good time Phil. Think I'll have to throw some dollar bills at it first. :)

no you don't want to do that when I can do that for you, You know the aerospace is my fave watch you could always tease me with a pickie or two

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:42 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

sonyman wrote:
no you don't want to do that when I can do that for you, You know the aerospace is my fave watch you could always tease me with a pickie or two

Ok, here's your tease pic.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:44 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 18 posts
Ah I'm glad to see someone picked that one up! Saw it for sale, but wasn't sure of the cost of a new movement and wasn't prepared to bite the bullet. Hoping it gets rescued and a nice new home soon! :-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:00 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Dr J wrote:
Ah I'm glad to see someone picked that one up! Saw it for sale, but wasn't sure of the cost of a new movement and wasn't prepared to bite the bullet. Hoping it gets rescued and a nice new home soon! :-)

Govberg told me $2k for a new movement. :lol: Guess where I won't be sending it. I didn't get a warm fuzzy that they new what they were talking about. I could buy a donor watch for less than that and swap movements. I don't care about the UTC as I wouldn't use it anyway and can still wear it with that inop. Will probably just send to BUSA and be done with it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:38 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

vintage wrote:
Dr J wrote:

Govberg told me $2k for a new movement. :lol: Guess where I won't be sending it. I didn't get a warm fuzzy that they new what they were talking about. I could buy a donor watch for less than that and swap movements. I don't care about the UTC as I wouldn't use it anyway and can still wear it with that inop. Will probably just send to BUSA and be done with it.

I would love to know how much BUSA quote for that but theres always a home for that here :cheer:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:17 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

vintage wrote:

Ouch! This is why I didn't go for it... too much effort and unknown cost. Guess thats why I'll never get an amazing bargain!

Looking forward to pics :-)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:01 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I don't know about the Avantage, but I had my older Aerospace overhauled by BUSA with new crystal, rider tabs, crown, hands and new SuperQuartz movement for under $1000. Good as new. 2 grand for a new movement seems excessive to me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:06 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Philm35 wrote:
I don't know about the Avantage, but I had my older Aerospace overhauled by BUSA with new crystal, rider tabs, crown, hands and new SuperQuartz movement for under $1000. Good as new. 2 grand for a new movement seems excessive to me.

Older movements can be picked up quite cheaply as in under $200 but new ones well that's a different story, I think your wasting your time and money with it you should just send it to me and be done with it I honestly do :lol: :lol: :lol: :lingsrock:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:39 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Just got the watch in and a little surprise, it works! It's been keeping time. Display has problems so will still will need an overhaul but maybe not a completely new movement.

Last edited by vintage on Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:20 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

:-O good news and congrats!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:49 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
Nice catch indeed!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:32 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Contacted one of the official Breitling service centers and they quoted me $530 for a new Aerospace movement and $250 for the Copilot movement. He said they don't usually need a completely new movement though. I imagine I'll still have the $300 overhaul cost since that's plus parts. I think Breitling treats the Copilot as a separate watch so will probably get hit twice on the overhaul cost. In any case. I posted the watch off yesterday and will be hoping for the best. Will update final results probably in four or five weeks when finished.