The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:52 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
Last month I bought my first Breitling. Its a Navitimer Montbrillant Datora. My concern is that the hand showing the day of the month seems to not be completely centered around the number.. Is this normal? I purchased the watch brand new with paperwork and everything from an Authorized Breitling Dealer locally, so I'm sure if its not they'll take care of it but I wanted to get some opinions first. Here is a picture of it that I took a month or so ago when I bought it. Its a bit more noticeable on the 2 digit days.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:06 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

the admin had a similar problem on a bentley he was selling, it was more noticeable than yours, not sure if he tried to have it fixed. im a relatively new breitling owner as well (coincidentally also a navitimer, legende for me) but i think its safe to say it cant be considered normal. whether or not its acceptable according to breitling is another story, but i like to think if you bought it from a reputable jewelry store, theyd be willing to take it back if you felt so inclined.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:11 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

kingsfall wrote:
the admin had a similar problem on a bentley he was selling, it was more noticeable than yours, not sure if he tried to have it fixed. im a relatively new breitling owner as well (coincidentally also a navitimer, legende for me) but i think its safe to say it cant be considered normal. whether or not its acceptable according to breitling is another story, but i like to think if you bought it from a reputable jewelry store, theyd be willing to take it back if you felt so inclined.

I did buy it from a reputable place. I wouldnt want them to let me return it, I'd be happy just having it sent by them to be fixed by Breitling. I havent ever seen another watch like the one I bought at any other store, so I'd imagine it would have to be ordered which could be time consuming. Other than that slight annoyance (which only bothers me because I'm pretty picky, especially when buying a watch that retails at nearly $6k) I really love it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:36 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

i dont think its being picky :p personally i think its unacceptable considering the price range. but i can understand you wanting to keep it if the model is rare in your area.

i picked up mine despite a rather significant amount of scuffing on the bracelet for the same reason. i figured its like buying a 'new' car off the lot. never going to be perfect and i wouldve done it myself anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:42 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

kingsfall wrote:
i dont think its being picky :p personally i think its unacceptable considering the price range. but i can understand you wanting to keep it if the model is rare in your area.

i picked up mine despite a rather significant amount of scuffing on the bracelet for the same reason. i figured its like buying a 'new' car off the lot. never going to be perfect and i wouldve done it myself anyway.

very true. You can always have your bracelet polished up so it looks like new though, so thats not a big deal at all. It seems like my day hand is just 1 click away from being centered.. I wonder if I should call Breitling directly and see what they have to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:47 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

ok, so look at this... even on the breitling website, their display picture (which obviously has to be perfect anyway) has all the hands PERFECTLY centered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:18 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

We always praise breitling for it immaculate quality so you have every right to be picky. I have exactly the same watch on a silver dial and the hand is exactly aligned. So take it back to the AD to take the needed action.

Time is precious, keep it with elegance!
-Alien13-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:26 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

alien13 wrote:
We always praise breitling for it immaculate quality so you have every right to be picky. I have exactly the same watch on a silver dial and the hand is exactly aligned. So take it back to the AD to take the needed action.

Thanks for your response. Since you have the same watch, let me ask you this as well... Does the second hand for the chrono sit 1 tick clockwise from 12:00 as well on your watch? Im not sure if you can tell in the picture I took, but that hand is also not completely straight... unless thats normal, but the display picture looks completely vertical to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:35 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Try pulling out the crown then push the push-piece at 4 o'clock, this should reset the second hand at 12 o'clock.

let me know if it works.

-Alien13-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:39 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

alien13 wrote:
Try pulling out the crown then push the push-piece at 4 o'clock, this should reset the second hand at 12 o'clock.

let me know if it works.

Just tried, but I didnt notice any changes. I tried when pulling the crown out to 1 click and also to the second click and nothing happened. If possible, would you happen to have a straight on closeup of the face of yours to compare with mine?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:47 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

mine is perfectly aligned. i tried pulling the crown to the second click and then pushed the pusher at 2 o'clock which made the hand advance one step, then pushed the pusher at 4 o'clock which made the hand reset to the original position.

try this again, and if it does not work you should take it back to your AD.

-Alien13-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:52 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

alien13 wrote:
mine is perfectly aligned. i tried pulling the crown to the second click and then pushed the pusher at 2 o'clock which made the hand advance one step, then pushed the pusher at 4 o'clock which made the hand reset to the original position.

try this again, and if it does not work you should take it back to your AD.

Ok, I tried that and it made it advance a step, but the 4 o'clock pusher didnt do anything. I pressed the crown back in and the chrono second hand started ticking off, so I stopped it and reset it but its still about 1 step CW from being completely vertical... much like the date hand is 1 step CW from being perfectly aligned. strange... I wonder if this is something my AD can fix, or if it'll have to be sent back to Breitling, and how long that would even take? Considering I've only had it for less than a month, its fairly annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:55 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

even if the AD offers to fix it (though i do not think he will) you should insist on him sending it back to breitling to protect your warranty

-Alien13-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:58 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

alien13 wrote:
even if the AD offers to fix it (though i do not think he will) you should insist on him sending it back to breitling to protect your warranty

The process of sending it back to breitling... is that something that needs to be facilitated by the AD? Or can I just contact Breitling directly instead of dealing with it through the AD?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:03 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

you AD should take care of everything, or else why is he AUTHORIZED? :)

i wish you all the best with your watch and hopefully it will be sorted out swiftly

-Alien13-