Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Good deal?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:21 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I bought my first Breitling last night at Tourneau at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. How did I do on negotiating a price for my first watch? I bought a Superocean Heritage Chronographe with a blue on blue face and the small chain band. Retail was $5,185.00 and I got it for $4,347.83. Add Nevada tax ($352.17) and my out the door price was $4,700.00. Thoughts on the watch and the price??? Be honest!

Post subject: Re: Good deal?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:14 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

its a beautiful watch if you are happy with it, well then it doesn't matter what you paid for it BTW the site has a lot of AD and a lot of great affiliates who are more than willing to make sure you get the best breitling experience possible

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:20 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 3 posts
Itsna great watch. You could have saved another 900 or so if you got 25 back and free net day out of state shipping, but you got the experience and got to wear it out of the store. Lots of people want that on their first one. Congrats and enjoy it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:58 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 4 posts
if you are happy with the price and watch then it doesnt matter what we say i think...

you got a good discount so enjoy the lovely watch.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:47 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 62 posts
Good news and bad news:

The bad: You probably could have done better online, possibly also at a local A.D.

The good: You did better than a lot of people who don't do much negotiating at all. Perhaps more importanty, as FEAR wrote, you bought the watch new, and I should add, in Vegas, at Caesar's. You walked out with a beautiful new Breitling, all the boxes, papers, registration, ruffles and flourishes. I'll venture the guess that just about everybody who has spent any time at this site has, at one time or another, walked in and bought a new watch specifically for the special experience of buying it new, with all that comes with it. If you follow this watch stuff a bit, you'll learn about pre-owned's available which are like-new and at significant savings. Some of us who own a few nice watches mostly go that route. But I'll give you my own example--I bought a blue Superocean Steelfish a couple of months ago at my A.D. I knew I'd pay more than if I waited for the right pre-owned example to show up. Didn't matter. I did it because it had been about eight years since I did anything like that, it was a special experience, and it was time again. Similar watches sold within the past week for a few hundred less than I paid, but that wasn't the point. No regrets.

Bottom line: You could have done better, you could have done worse, but what you did get was a great watch and hopefully a great experience and a great memory. Isn't that a big part of what this whole watch obsession is about? Enjoy it.

AP Royal Oak 15400, silver
Zenith Chronomaster El Primero Classic Cars
Vintage gold Corum
Rolex DJ 36 TT, oyster dial, oyster/smooth
Baume & Mercier Riviera 200m, silver dial/aquamarine bezel
Breitling Superocean 57, rose/stainless

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:24 am 
All Roads lead to Breitling

Liked in: 33 posts
Congrats on the new SOHC! You did fine for a first purchase (better than I did a while back walking into an AD knowing nothing). So don't worry, be happy (I should write a song, that's pretty good :) ) I love that your post was at 3:21 AM - that is SO Vegas of you. :lol:

Just refer to the part of the watch with the hands as the DIAL and the part surrounding that which often rotates as the BEZEL, not the "face." I've noticed the use of "face" starting to run rampant on breitlingsource the last couple months. It's DIAL. So it's a blue dial with a blue bezel.

(sorry, got up late this AM and still working on that first cup of coffee. :soapbox: )

Now you need to post some pics so we can all enjoy your awesome new pick up. :lingsrock:

Edit - the bracelet is called "mesh," specifically it is the mesh Ocean Classic. (if I'm gonna be grumpy, I ought to at least be comprehensive about it)

Last edited by sharkman on Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:31 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

sharkman wrote:
Congrats on the new SOHC! You did fine for a first purchase (better than I did a while back walking into an AD knowing nothing). So don't worry, be happy (I should write a song, that's pretty good :) )

Just refer to the part of the watch with the hands as the DIAL and the part surrounding that which often rotates as the BEZEL, not the "face." I've noticed the use of "face" starting to run rampant on breitlingsource the last couple months. It's DIAL. So it's a blue dial with a blue bezel.

(sorry, got up late this AM and still working on that first cup of coffee. :soapbox: )

Now you need to post some pics so we can all enjoy your awesome new pick up. :lingsrock:

Edit - the bracelet is called "mesh," specifically it is the mesh Ocean Classic. (if I'm gonna be grumpy, I ought to at least be comprehensive about it)

Just splash some water on your dial and that should wake you up.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:38 am 

Liked in: 33 posts
Time Bandit wrote:
sharkman wrote:
Congrats on the new SOHC! You did fine for a first purchase (better than I did a while back walking into an AD knowing nothing). So don't worry, be happy (I should write a song, that's pretty good :) )

Just splash some water on your dial and that should wake you up.

:uplaugh:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:41 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 809 posts
Time Bandit's post reminds me of a (perhaps apocryphal) story about Winston Churchill on a visit to USA. His waitress asked him which cut of chicken he would like. He responded,

"I'll have the breast, please..."

She responded, "Over here we call it the white meat, sir...".

The next day he sent her a flower with a note... ""For your white meat..."