The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 10:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:13 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
can someone post all the differences between the breitling bentley motors and 6.75. (movement, case size and anything else thats important. im looking to buy another breitling and im stuck between the two) thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:36 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

I would suggest going to

www.breitlingforbentley.com

You will find all the information that you are looking for. Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:25 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
:yeahthat but in very brief summary -

Both cases are identical in terms of size (48.7mm), bracelet (Speed), bezel (knurled), finish (polished) and water resistance (100m). The only difference externally is the case-back - Motors is quite plain with writing only : the 6.75 has the very cool (but often seen on rubbish fakes!) wheel spoke design.

Motors has the 30 Second Chronograph movement (i.e. when using the chronograph, the second hand moves round the dial once very 30 seconds instead of 60 second like all other chronographs. This movement is unique to the Motors. The 6.75 has the same movement as the Blackbird and the Flying B Chronograph (i.e. large dual window date. The Motors dial is slightly "busier" due to additional markings for the 30 second chrono.

The Motors is available in a couple more dial colours than the 6.75 as well - notably a violet grey colour.

Visually you'll be better to examine a few pictures to see which you prefer.

Hope that helps.

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:22 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Driver8 wrote:
:yeahthat but in very brief summary -

Both cases are identical in terms of size (48.7mm), bracelet (Speed), bezel (knurled), finish (polished) and water resistance (100m). The only difference externally is the case-back - Motors is quite plain with writing only : the 6.75 has the very cool (but often seen on rubbish fakes!) wheel spoke design.

Motors has the 30 Second Chronograph movement (i.e. when using the chronograph, the second hand moves round the dial once very 30 seconds instead of 60 second like all other chronographs. This movement is unique to the Motors. The 6.75 has the same movement as the Blackbird and the Flying B Chronograph (i.e. large dual window date. The Motors dial is slightly "busier" due to additional markings for the 30 second chrono.

The Motors is available in a couple more dial colours than the 6.75 as well - notably a violet grey colour.

Visually you'll be better to examine a few pictures to see which you prefer.

Hope that helps.

thanks for the info diver. in your opinion which do you think is a better watch as far as mechanics go. also is the 6.75 a tad thicker than the motors?

i see you have the motors so maybe that answers the question lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:56 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
The 30 seconds Chronograph is pretty cool.. I like watching it move really quickly around the dial... makes my other chronos seem slow and i'm an impatient man... even tho having a "fast" chronograph is not a good thing, in this case, it is IMO.

The caseback on the 6.75 is really nice, but to be honest I found it a bit uncomfortable.. and the Motors is already a somewhat uncomfortable watch for me... I'm not sure if it is because of the case size or what but I find myself removing the watch from my wrist several times a day at work - The 6.75 was even more uncomfortable.

Having said that, I love the watches and I will always have one of them in my collection I think :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:59 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

dadicroce wrote:
thanks for the info diver. in your opinion which do you think is a better watch as far as mechanics go. also is the 6.75 a tad thicker than the motors?

i see you have the motors so maybe that answers the question lol

I bought the Motors because, as I said above, the movement is unique to the Bentley Motors. Apart from that there wasn't much in it between that and the 6.75.

I don't own a 6.75 (well, not yet anyway! :wink: ) so I can't say which is thicker. I'm guessing that the 6.75 caseback may add a slight amount, but any difference must be negligible. I also can't say about the comfort of the 6.75 on the wrist. However, in contrast to Admin I find my Motors to be as comfortable as any other watch that own. I forget it's on after a while.

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:42 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

The caseback on the 6.75 is a tad bit thicker than the motors. Both are SWEET pieces...

Breitling definitely knows how to keep us spending $$$ :l but money well spent indeed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:57 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 19 posts
I on the other hand don't have a Motors to compare with, so I can't say how much thicker the 6.75 wears...

But, I don't feel that the caseback is uncomfortable at all. I wear my watches tight on the wrist (opposed to the elderly...) but not even that makes it uncomfortable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:21 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

aleister wrote:
I wear my watches tight on the wrist (opposed to the elderly...) but not even that makes it uncomfortable.

Do the elderly always have loose watches?? :lol:
I wear mine pretty tight too - I hate my watches to be flapping about like a ladies bangle!! :lol:

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:09 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 19 posts
Driver8 wrote:
aleister wrote:
I wear my watches tight on the wrist (opposed to the elderly...) but not even that makes it uncomfortable.

Do the elderly always have loose watches?? :lol:
I wear mine pretty tight too - I hate my watches to be flapping about like a ladies bangle!! :lol:

That might have been a translation error... :) What I meant was that most of the flapping watches I've seen have been located on very old people's wrists, when they have moved away from home into service centers...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:05 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

agreed driver. i dont like to wear my watches as bracelets. im actually more fond of the leather straps and croco straps and i find that they tend to hold on my wrist well. i find the level of comfort higher with a strap than with a bracelet. the straps allow the watch to hold on my wrist tight but still have room to breathe. especially the deployant straps. i find that with the larger cases the deployant fits even better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:11 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

dadicroce wrote:
agreed driver. i dont like to wear my watches as bracelets. im actually more fond of the leather straps and croco straps and i find that they tend to hold on my wrist well. i find the level of comfort higher with a strap than with a bracelet. the straps allow the watch to hold on my wrist tight but still have room to breathe. especially the deployant straps. i find that with the larger cases the deployant fits even better.

Yes, the way the deployant has an infinite amount of adjustment means that you can get the strap to fit just right. However, the fine adjustment is also why I like Breitling bracelets, as they are one of the easiest IMHO to get to fit just right.

On models like the Omega Seamaster, you only have the option of a adding or removing a whole link or the half link that they put in for adjustment purposes. Basically you are either lucky if it fits or unlucky if it doesn't. Bizarrely my old Bond version Seamaster fitted absolutely exactly, but my newer beater Seamaster (with the Speedmaster style bracelet) is always either slightly too big or slightly too small. In the end I've gone with slightly too large so that I can retain some feeling in hand!

I think I may need to get a Breitling beater at some point instead...

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:05 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

for some reason the breitling bracelet always fits my wrist funny. its either a tad too tight or a tad too loose. with the deployant i find myself adjusting the strap about 3 times a day. in the morning when i put my watch on my wrist is a bit smaller, in the day it swells a tad and at nite it shrinks a bit lol. i only adjust the strap one stitch length. the deployant is the way to go for me personally, i think it gives a classy look to the watch that you just cant get from the bracelet. but at a wedding the bracelet for me is the way to go.

btw i think i have decided on the motors t. i know i wasnt going for that one in the beg but it has grown on me especially seeing that fantastic pic of admins t with black face and black croco. (thanks for the great pic bro) right now i have a navi world black face, SO blue face and SA white face. ill probably be selling the SO and world just because after wearing the SA i cant get used to the smaller size of the other two and that means they probably wont get any use. my plan is to take that money and go for the motors t. (i know all you guys do the same as me and make excuses to buy new watches lol)

my only problem is that i really like the silver dial and its very similar to the SA white face i have now. but i think the brushed and polished motors t look will give enough diversity between the two to justify another white (silver dial) plus the white dials go with everything as far as clothes and they look great with any color strap.

***sorry for the story*** lol

let me know your opinions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:37 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

I'm a big fan of the Motors T bezel, but I personally really like my Breitling cases to be polished, which made me go for the Motors over the Motors T. But the T is still a totally awesome piece and I guarantee that you won't be disappointed.

As far as justifying two similar watches, them I'm TOTALLY the wrong person to ask if you secretly want to be disuaded from buying it!! :lol:

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:01 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

driver,

Totally agree with you on the polished case look over the brushed, which persuades me to go for the motors. Only problem is i favor the silver dial as apposed to any other. I have a SA with a white dial now and i think the motors and SA both with almost exact colored dials are going to give me 2 very similiar watches. Especially since ill be exchanging straps between the two. This persuades me to go for the motors t with the brushed look and the brushed bezel. (which IMHO is nicer than the motors bezel)