Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: ADDING A DIAMOND BEZEL
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:04 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
I would like to ask your advise on purchasing a Ling and adding an after-market diamond bezel.
First, any good references for jewelers that I could send this that do good work at reasonable prices.
Second, I want to be sure this doesn't affect water resistance or any other complications (I am purchasing older watch, no warranty issues).
Third, I have seen channel sets as well as Breitling factory replicas in pics. Any ideas are greatly apprciated since I have none to compare to.

Trying to get two tone bracelet, if I don't and go with steel, would a yellow gold bezel look out of place to compliment by other gold jewelery?

I am looking for a Ladies pre-owned piece, probably B-Class or Callistino, so considering this alternative since I can't find any reasonable priced watches that I like. Just do not like the look without the bezel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:34 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

as ive said before, the jeweler i know who did my super ocean is the best guy around. great prices great stones and great workmanship. hes sold large amounts of bezels channel set and custom drilled into breitling bezels. he only deals with breitlings so you can say he is an expert. the guy does fantastic work and can work on any breitling your looking at. his ebay name is abreitlingday. check out his feedback and some of the bezels he has for sale now. i stand by him 100%. pm me for questions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:02 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

nmoreman,

I just got back from my local watch repair guy and had my Diamond Bezel installed on my Bentley Motors. I bought it from Authenticwatches.com. It looks FABULOUS and not too "Blingly" either because it's the right size. I've seem some that are too big and just don't look right. This one is perfect. I don't know what model you are considering adding the diamond bezel to but the one I just got for my Bentley looks great. For the Bentley Motors it only involves removing 4 screws but there is a small PIN inside the bezel that has to be inserted in a small hole which makes the inside slide rule turn. If you tried to do it yourself you could easily get the bezel off and then back on again but the trick is getting that little pin to line up properly.

:fulllingclub:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:26 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

lets see some pics... and 3275.00 , damn cant believe you payed that much lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:40 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Dadiocre,

I got them down to $2975. The thing looks fantastic. My Bentley is a White dial model so it doesn't over do the effect because the colors all blend together nicely. I does make the watch a little thicker though which I like since getting my Super Avenger. After watching my watch repair guy do it I finally understand now how that mechanism works for the slide rule. If you notice when you turn the bezel on the Bentley models the slide rule inside the watch turns without the crystal turning the way the crystal turns on a Navitimer which I always thought was pretty amazing. It all operates on this little pin inside there that fits in a hole and turns the slide rule. This is something someone may have a bit of a problem with if they tried to install one of these on their own. Plus these screws are microscopic, much smaller than the screws used to attach links on bracelets, I've removed a bunch of those myself over the years but this thing I needed a professional for.

:fulllingclub: