It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 7:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Mulliner Tourbillon
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:19 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 2 posts
hello all,

I am thinking of plunging into Mulliner Tourbillon (Platinium), can anyone tell me of what the price ranges are for these watches?? I realize the exact price will depend on my choices, but would love to get some estimates...(I expect it to be a bit)

My AD has told me that they will find out and let me know in few weeks!! and if there are any previous owners, can you let me know about this watch?

Regards

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:57 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
I believe I heard around 170,000 USD

Some info I found:

http://www.thewatchquote.com/Breitling- ... o_5696.htm

If they have any openings where you work let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:23 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 0 post
aeromansoor,

I was interested in one of these myself about a year ago. My AD locally here quoted me $108,000 without the matching gold bracelet which I wouldn't be interested in. So figure at least another $10,000 or so for the all gold Speed Bracelet for a total of about $120,000. But that is for all gold not Platinum, now I know I can purchase an all gold regular Bentley from a place I know here for about $23,000 with the bracelet and I have seen regular Bentley models selling for $40,000 in all Platinum. So it looks like the all Platinum model is going to be quite a bit more than Gold. Personally I like the Mulliner Perpetual better and it's a lot less money. Take a look at the pictures that Admin has on this site of the Mulliner Perpetual and you may feel the same. That Mulliner at over 100 G's is a bit much for me but the Perpetual at around $38,000 could be done if I really felt particularly irresponsible and decided I just had to have it. Also you can take this with a grain of salt but Platinum really doesn't look much different from steel. I have a new Platinum Cigar torch and it does have a bit of a more luxurious look to it but it really doesn't look all that much better than polished steel. I think if you are going to toss out over $100,000 on a watch it should LOOK like a 6 figure watch both up close and from a distance. With that in mind I would go with Rose Gold for that kind of money. An all Platinum Mulliner from 6 feet away looks like a regular $7000 Bentley Motors and if it's on a strap it looks like a miniature empty pie baking pan. An all Rose Gold Mulliner on an all Rose Gold speed bracelet looks like a MONUMENTAL Ling from 50 feet away and totally BREATHTAKING up close.

:fulllingclub:

Last edited by acceldebt on Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:29 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 72 posts
Agree with LING MAN, Mulliner Perpetual is more complicated watch and much cheaper. Also it looks better IMHO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:56 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 19 posts
Sorry - any Mulliner would be quite far away for my budget, can't help you there I'm afraid. But it you got a great answer from acceldebt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:24 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
bnewbie wrote:
Agree with LING MAN, Mulliner Perpetual is more complicated watch and much cheaper. Also it looks better IMHO.

Agreed, and the Mark VI, Complication 29 is even better looking (IMHO) and less expensive.

Post subject: thank you
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:32 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Thank you few things i forgot to mention I was looking for prices in uk...secondly I am looking for the watch as an addition to my collection something which i am hoping will increase in value... (or atleast stay same)..

I kind of agree about your plat comment.. however I must admit i tend to shy away from gold where possible (comming from a man who has a solid gold Rolex!)

I will certainly look into the Mulliner Perpetual, and wont make any decisions untill I have tried themon my wrist first....

With the comment about looking like a normal $7000 ling from a few feet away.. I wont argue with that at all most of my watches... look like normal watches.. a few feet away... but those who know KNOW...

I will give you a example... I happened to be wearing a very old Patek in mint conditon but a simple face..... and I was on a buis trip to Singapore (work sopons and they paid) travelling by first class...and a gentleman sat next to me... and started to make small talk... he was wearing a rolex Datyona... and Damn Proud of it... he made a sneaky comment that if i could afford to travel by first class maybe I should ''Invest'' in a good watch... (like his)... I dont like to point out value of things... and was probably going to let it slide....

But a guy in the middle isle turned around to this guy and said something along the lines of could not help but over hear... you do realize he is wearing a patek...(and then told him the price).....Needless to say the remaining journey was very peaceful....

:) many thanks for suggestions.. I will DEFINITELY look into Mulliner Perpetual .... sorry if i rambled on..... I would still like to know if anyone has purchased the watch in uk? or any wrist shots... as I could not find those...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:37 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Take a look on the Bentley Mark VI, Complication 29, as Roffensian wrote.
Great watch also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:55 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 0 post
The Complications 29 is a cool looking watch but it's just too small at 42 MM. HALF A LING !

:fulllingclub:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:06 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 1 post
An 18k rose gold cased and clasped / croco strap Tourbillon has a list price inc. vat of £100k in the UK. God knows what a platinum one would cost, its not even listed in the UK catalogue. Are we not in the 'if you have to ask...' territory ?
IF I had £100k to splodge on a watch, I'd spread my outlay over two, three or four watches and double / trebble / quadruple my watch owning pleasure, but hey thats just me. Good luck with your momentous purchase though, and er, dont forget to post some pics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:09 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

ewen wrote:
and er, dont forget to post some pics.

:lol:
Lot of pics.

Post subject: ummm
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:32 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I expected to pay a good cash bundle.... lol... BUT I still ALWAYS ask... and Haggle.... (to an extent).... I will see what unfolds... I have asked my AD to get me some sort of a sample.... (lest see how that goes!)... if all else fails... I will just go to switzerland... :(

and IF i do decide to go this way... I will post pics from parcel... to opening..;. i will pic it to hell.....

:?:

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:43 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 19 posts
That sounds like a good plan!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:35 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
I'm with Ling Man on the whole platinum looking like steel thing. I find the same is true of white gold. With white gold and platinum you just get all the look of steel with none of the durability benefits and at a VASTLY inflated cost. :huh Admittedly I certainly can't claim that money is no object for me, but even if it wasn't I'd struggle to be chomping at the bit to pay double the price for something that looks like steel. Rose gold would be the way to go for me......

Site Moderator

Post subject: Re: ummm
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:30 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
aeromansoor wrote:
I expected to pay a good cash bundle.... lol... BUT I still ALWAYS ask... and Haggle.... (to an extent).... I will see what unfolds... I have asked my AD to get me some sort of a sample.... (lest see how that goes!)... if all else fails... I will just go to switzerland... :(

and IF i do decide to go this way... I will post pics from parcel... to opening..;. i will pic it to hell.....

:?:

M

And if you could also provide your address, and maybe some times when the house will be empty - that would be really helpful too :wink: