Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Purchasing New Navitimer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:00 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hi There, I have been reading a lot of great information on this site, so firstly, thank you everyone for your great insights to the world of Breitling.

Question time, I am unable to find any reference to an online dealer I am looking at dealing with.

They are called WatchMaxx.com

If there is anyone who has dealt with this company please post.
If anyone has any way of researching or authenticating their honesty and reputation please post.

Also, whilst I have your attention, can anyone recommend a good online dealer for genuine replacement bands?

Thank you for you help

:lingsrock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:39 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Welcome aboard! The Navitimer is a great choice. I really love the silver dial.

As for watchmaxx, I haven't dealt with them myself, but they seem to get reasonable ratings on Yahoo shopping. Of course that does not eliminate the risk. I encourage you to read through the posts on this site which weigh purchasing online vs. purchasing at Authorized Dealer (AD).
Truthfully, with a little patience and a few phone calls, you can probably get 20% from an AD (or at least 15%) if you're in the US.
The question I kept asking myself is "is saving $x worth the headache I might have if something isn't right and I need service".

Sorry to get all preachy -- I know you didn't ask. As long you make an informed decision it will be the right one for you.

Good luck with your purchase, and be sure to post some pictures!

Coral Club Founding Father
:coralclub:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:19 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Hi There, thanks for imparting some of your knowledge, most appreciated.

I’m actually going to get the black dial, deployment clasp, rose gold, croc strap -- but it was a close choice between the silver face as well one as well, I think the white version in gold and white face only comes in the Montbrillant. As soon as the purchase has been made I shall only be to happy to post a couple of picks..

As far as the price is concerned there is quite a difference, I live in Australia and the best price I can do here is about US$1500 dearer, not a number to be sneezed at.... I totally understand the value of a warranty but I’m seriously considering taking the odds that a USD $13K watch is going to work!!! (Still I would like a warranty)

“Sorry to get all preachy” Thanks for the “preachyness”, that’s what people want, honest opinions..

Thanks again

A photo of my current 11year old watch is below...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:53 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1 post
Have you sought out a local AD and tried to get them to discount the price at all? I realize it is a very expensive watch, though. I still agree with More CowBell (I have an ear-to-ear grin whenever I see that name!), do anything you can to buy from an AD. Have you thought about taking a cheap flight up to Hong Kong. Being from Canada - eh? - I don't know much about airline tickets from Australia, but I bet the round trip could be cheaper than the USD 1500.00. If you want my real, deep-down, honest opinion: if it were me, and I had the choice of saving $1500. and taking any kind of a risk, even if you think it may be minimal, I would swallow the bucks and try to do a local discount. For the kind of money and watch we are talking about, no risk in my opinion is worth it. I know you want honest opinions, and $1500 is a lot of money. I do not have a lot of money by any means, but I would still go the route of a local AD and get to know them. Hope this helps you.
Cheers,
Carl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:54 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1 post
Have you sought out a local AD and tried to get them to discount the price at all? I realize it is a very expensive watch, though. I still agree with More CowBell (I have an ear-to-ear grin whenever I see that name!), do anything you can to buy from an AD. Have you thought about taking a cheap flight up to Hong Kong. Being from Canada - eh? - I don't know much about airline tickets from Australia, but I bet the round trip could be cheaper than the USD 1500.00. If you want my real, deep-down, honest opinion: if it were me, and I had the choice of saving $1500. and taking any kind of a risk, even if you think it may be minimal, I would swallow the bucks and try to do a local discount. For the kind of money and watch we are talking about, no risk in my opinion is worth it. I know you want honest opinions, and $1500 is a lot of money. I do not have a lot of money by any means, but I would still go the route of a local AD and get to know them. Hope this helps you.
Cheers,
Carl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:58 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Hi Carl, Thanks for the post. My AD in Aussie had a starting price of AUD $17,820 after I presented them with a link to Authentic Watches .com they nearly choked to death !!! They sharpened their pencil to AUD $15,550.00 still a little off the mark but a little better. We have a consumption tax of 10% and if you travel with the watch you get that money back, so the real end price is AUD $14,140.

I can land the model I’m looking for about AUD$12,400 (The USD has taken a nosedive in the last little while) By the way, when are you guys going to change the US Dollar to US Peso? Sorry – bad joke.

I haven’t decided on my purchase option and your comments are very helpfull.. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:27 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
Actually Carl is canadian.. and so am I haha.. so we are enjoying the US Peso's right now too.. EVERYTHING is cheaper now.. books, clothes, etc.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:36 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Hi There everyone,

As of Wednesday about 3pm Sydney time I will be collecting from my NEW AD one Breitling (or can I say -- LING -- I think I qualify for the correct lingo now LOL) Navitimer limited edition of 500, 18kt rose, black croc with solid 18kt deployment clasp. The band will take about 4-6 weeks to arrive so in the interim my new watch and I will be running around town with a rubber Breitling band with deployment clasp. It’s going to look pretty cool, 18kt rose gold watch with $200 rubber band. As soon as I have it in my possession I will post a couple of photos.

This post is to say thanks to all of you Ling Nuts who have taken time out of their busy days to help....
THANK YOU
Regards
Charles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:05 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 19 posts
Congratulations!

Looking forward to see those pics!